Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bungee Jumping by Marco Antonio Justino


It was a sunny and really hot day. I woke up late, about 13 p.m, I was on vacation so that’s really normal. For so long I’d waited for that moment to arrive. My parents were so afraid. On the day before, they just couldn’t stop saying "be careful" or "look twice or thrice upon your rope", it was quite annoying actually.
I was really excited, that would be my first time bungee-jumping after all. When the time finally came, a lot of people tried to make me give up, the most commonly words I heard was "dangerous", "reckless" but nothing else could make me give up on doing that, I was really determinated..
It all happened in Florianopolis, the event took place on a park near a beach. I got my parents and my brother to take me there, the driving was really silent but I could see in their face they weren’t enjoying and when we got there I felt my heart pumping out of my chest and when I saw it I was already ready to jump and the guy said "jump" and so I did. When I jumped I couldn’t stop thinking "what the heck am I doing here?". You can compare the sensation, maybe with your first day in school, some fear, adrenaline, anxious but much more accented.
I’ve never thought that bungee-jumping could be such an exciting experience, I felt my heart beating twice it usually does. My parents and my brother were glad when they saw there was nothing missing in me but their face were saying "oh my god, I can’t believe he really did that!" and then they congratulated.

3 comments: