Saturday, January 24, 2009

First time to the beach by Gabriel

I didn’t even sleep that day. I was so nervous about going to the beach for first time, see that gigantic pool that everybody talk about. The day was sunny, there were no clouds in the sky, in other words, a perfect day to go to the beach. My whole family was there, everybody was treating me very differently, like I was about to see the most extraordinary thing in the world. So my expectations were very high.
When we are 5 years old, we believe everything people tell us, so you shouldn’t say scary things to us. Unfortunately, my cousin didn’t think so. I don’t really know why, but on that day, he was doing everything to bring me down. Maybe (insert) was because everybody was giving me a lot of attention, I don’t know, but still, he shouldn’t have said to me that the ocean would eat me, the waves were higher than the buildings, and stuff like that. You can imagine how scared I was on the way to the ocean. I couldn't barely walk. I'm just really glad that my parents were there to give me courage.
We finally got to the beach. There were so many people there that I couldn’t see the ocean, and I was afraid of getting lost, but my parents held my hand and took me there. When I first saw it, I wasn’t really impressed, it was just like a big pool, but then, I was getting closer, and I couldn’t see the end of the ocean, I got closer and closer, but still, there was no end. I was so amazed, that I didn’t realize that a huge wave was coming, and it caught me. I was completely under the water, for a few seconds I thought I would die, but my father grabbed me and brought me to the sand.
Besides the fact that I almost died, the day was really fun, I really enjoyed the ocean. Everybody was happy for me, my parents said that I was really brave, and they were proud of me. My cousin, however, said that I was lucky, that the next time I would definitely die, but I didn’t really care, I was really happy for seeing the ocean, and overcoming that fear, so It really lived up to my expectations.

Gabriel Reis

1 comment:

  1. do you regret going to the beach without knowing the danger of the big waves?

    ReplyDelete